Saturday, 9 September 2017

Works in Progress

In the spirit of Sew your Stash September I spent an afternoon cutting out a number of projects ready to sew from my stashed fabric. I may not manage to get all these beauties sewn up by the end of September but I can certainly try my best.

One of these WIP's has been hanging around since last year (Tilly's Cleo Dungaree Dress).



This Cleo is actually 75% finished. I put it on the back burner after loosing interest because it needed some work on fitting. Hopefully I'll get it completed in the next few weeks. The stash fabrics are the burgundy corduroy remnants from my McCalls M6696 and the pink lining fabric I had just enough leftover from my first Colette Ginger skirt.


Next up my second By Hand London Charlotte skirt (first here). This is cut out of the remnants of my Sew Over It Ultimate Shift Dress using this beautiful dark floral mix linen bought from SOI. 


It is hard to see the fabric chosen for my next project. It is a beautiful navy wool crepe that I've had in my stash for ever and I thought it would be perfect for a pair of Sew Over It Cigarette Pants. I used this lovely print remnant from the dress below for the waistband and pockets.


I cut out my third Dixie DIY Bonnell Dress (first and second here) in this beautiful striped / tropical flower print cotton. It was a gift from my friend Sophie from Hong Kong (who always buys me the most lovely fabrics. Previous fabric gifts have been made into this, this, this and this).  Maybe this dress is a little out of season to sew it now?

 And the final item that has been cut out ready to sew is my second McCalls 6696 Shirt Dress in a navy blue printed Chambray I bought from Ray Stitch earlier in the year. Lots to be getting on with!

9 comments:

  1. Wow- that's a lot of cutting out - where do you keep it while it waits to be sewn? I can't cut more than one thing at a time (unless it is lots of the same t shirt)... otherwise I find bits get lost :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, Good question. I use a rather unglamorous plastic bag to keep all cut out pattern pieces, fabric and the thread I need to use in. If things are a little smaller I also use the A4 plastic folders that I keep my PDF's in (they are like wallets which I got from Paperchase) http://carolinejoynson.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/how-do-you-store-your-pdf-patterns.html

      Delete
  2. Wow, lots of great projects to keep you busy! I love that floral linen fabric. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I've definitely got enough to keep me out of mischief for a while!

      Delete
  3. What a lot of great projects. I am really looking forward to seeing your Cleo Dungaree Dress. It's such a lovely colour.
    My tip for storing projects in progress is to use plastic trays from the garden centre. The sort you use to chit or sprout potatoes. The fabric pieces lie flat and you can stack the trays one on top of another. I will try to include a photo in my next post. Of course you have to wash away any mud left from the last potato crop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks all very promising :) you always have the nicest fabrics! I can't wait to see the finishes garments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a fair few projects cut out and ready to go too. Which is easier as clearing enough space to cut out is a hassle now. Good luck with your WIP. The charlotte skirt looks a fun pattern, not seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cutting out in batches it feels so exciting to know I can sew at the drop of a hat. You have some good stuff there. Glad you are lining your cleo. My unlined cleo was impossible to wear. I wear them both so much with leggings and thick tights. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all looking great, I love the fabric for the cleo!

    ReplyDelete