Saturday, 20 May 2017

Screen Printing at Print Club London


I attended a screen printing workshop at Print Club London in Dalston today. It was brilliant! The team (Oli, Beks & Sophia) at the studios are so friendly and experienced. They explain the whole process of screen printing from design to print with a bit of banter thrown in for good measure.





I selected a design that I have etched a couple of years ago because I love the texture and pattern.


There were about 13 people on the course and we split into groups to help each other print our designs as the process is quite labour intensive and required speedy change overs so we all got a chance to print.

Designs laid out on the paper to help aline the screen onto the paper
Gorgeous coloured printing inks!
Preparing the screen with brown tape to seal any exposed silk-screen before printing
My screen ready to print!
Cleaned screens drying outside
To test the screen you use up discarded / rejected prints from the studio. I really love the layering of screen prints so I selected some cool rejects and cut them to size. Here is a selection of my prints.











It has been a long time since I did screen printing at art college and I had forgotten how much fun it is! I would definitely like to get back into screen-printing and would love to return to the Print Club London again.

Check out lots of other cool crafty blogs at #handmademonday organised by Julia of Sum of their Stories.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun, what lovely results you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie, it looks like you had loads of fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy - yes it was lot's of fun!

      Delete