Saturday, 5 November 2016

Renegade Craft Fair and Shoreditch Adventures

I took a trip to Brick Lane to check out the Renegade Craft Fair. I found out about it from Tilly and the Buttons blog as she is one of the many crafters / makers at the event. The fair is open on the 5th and 6th November from 11am - 6pm at the Old Truman Brewery and even better it's free to get in!


I popped along to see crafts for some unique hand-crafted Christmas presents. I met the lovely Tilly at her stall and bought the new Cleo dungaree dress T&tB pattern which is also available as a kit. I bought the paper pattern as I have a decent remnant of burgundy Liberty needle cord from my McCall's 6696 shirt dress which is pretty similar to the kit option below. I hope I have enough for the Cleo.


Lots of amazing craftspeople and makers

The lovely Tilly herself!
On my way home I took the scenic route via Ebor Street near Brick Lane then to Spitalfields Market and finally Liverpool Street.

Lettering mural by Ben Eine on Ebor Street

Beautiful collections of antiques and bric-a-brac at Spitalfields market.





4 comments:

  1. Hope the fair gave you lots of inspiration! That cord should be lovely for a dungarees dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many lovely things at the fair! Such beautifully crafted items.
      Yes I think the burgundy corduroy will be great for the Cleo dungaree dress.... now finding the time to make it is another thing!

      Delete
  2. I ordered the dungaree dress pattern yesterday because I have some green cord to use - thinking about orange top stitiching for mine. Look forward to sharing our projects from the pattern. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Here's to our corduroy dungaree dresses!

      Delete