Monday, 28 November 2016

Print-making Workshop at Selvedge

I popped into the fantastic wool shop Loop in Islington to gather some Christmas presents for friends and picked up a flyer for the Selvedge Advent Festival.

Selvedge is a magazine that focusses on textiles and craft. They have a shop on Archway Road in North London and I discovered they have really interesting workshop classes at weekends and in the evening.

I attended a printing workshop last night ran by the lovely Trudi Savin from Yateley Papers. She had prepared a really fun evening of printing with lots of beautiful hand-carved wooden blocks.


I had a blast! I was a printing machine and churned out over 17 sheets of hand-printed paper ready for Christmas present wrapping.
Enjoy the many photos.

























This post is linked to #handmademonday organised by Julia of Sum of their Stories.

1 comment:

  1. Is the shop Loop? My step-daughter has just moved to Islington and I looked for Loop, but didn't find it. I was short of time, but next time I visit her, I shall be there with my nose pressed against the window. I love your printing, I might be tempted by this...

    ReplyDelete