Monday, 4 April 2016

Liberty Scout Tee

I love the simplicity of the Grainline Scout Woven Tee. I have adapted the pattern to fit really nicely after five previous Scout's this is my sixth version of this popular garment.
The beautiful metre of Liberty Tana Lawn was gleaned in the January Sales at a 50% discount.
Got to love a bargain!


I made the following changes to the tee:

  • Due to a cutting error I have a seam down the front of the top - luckily due to the busy nature of the Liberty print it is not noticable
  • Shaped centre back seam to reduce excess fabric
  • French seam construction throughout
  • Lengthened the sleeves by extending by about 6cm
  • I created a longer hem at the back and made a little split feature in the sides
  • Inspired by Elle at Laura Loves Pugs I used silver bias-binding for the neckline




2 comments:

  1. Number six? This pattern must be gold! Looks beautiful, what a great print I love the depth of the colours. The silver at the neck is such a cute idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this print a lot, a nice pop of colour for spring! Certainly wouldn't have noticed the centre front seam if you hadn't mentioned it. And the silver at the neck is a nice touch, great make :)

    ReplyDelete