Sunday, 15 June 2014

Tulip skirts sew completed!


Yahoooo, I completed my 'Sew Over It' Tulip skirts this weekend. I attended the second workshop session on the 4th June and this weekend was the first chance I have had to finish them!
As I mentioned in my first 'Sew Over It' post I decided to cut out and sew two skirts at the same time - which I pretty much managed to do over the two evening sewing sessions. All I needed to do was to hem both the blue and green skirts and atttach the blue skirt to the lining and hand sew the lining to the zip.

Here are the finished garments:

Enjoying the John Lewis rooftop garden in my newly completed Tulip Skirt
Checking out the lovely fabrics at Liberty's Haberdashery department  
The fit of the skirts are good - although I will need to get used to the fullness on the hip area. I was very happy with the concealed zip on both of the skirts and used some contrasting stash fabrics for the waistband linings.

What do you think?


16 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the skirts look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin.
      I'm loving the bright green one best at the moment, but I'm sure I'll switch to the blue at some point oin the future ; )

      Delete
  2. I love the contrast fabics on the waistbands! Such a fun detail.
    The colours are great too, lovely skirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex. I had fun choosing the contrast fabrics for the waistband ; )

      Delete
  3. Caroline these look fantastic! The green especially suits you - beautiful job, would look very cute in denim as a mini too! Have a great week, Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah - yes a denim mini version would be fun!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Really love them both but the green pips it for me. How fantastic to make two rather than one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire - I'm with you on the green skirt - no surprize there considering my 'green' fest at the moment ; )

      Delete
  5. They are beautiful - both of them! and the silhouette looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nilla - I wasn't sure it would suit me 100% but hey - I made two of them so I'm def going to wear them ; )

      Delete
  6. They look gorgeous! Lovely colour choices xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe. I needed some skirts from the cool colour spectrum after evaluating my MMM wardrobe - a very useful exercise and helpful for planning future projects.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! The green is my favourite - and I love the spots inside. Great job. You look gorgeous in it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, it didn't take me long to match up my green skirt with the lovely red polka-dot ; )

      Delete
  8. Great skirts! Love the bright colours and the pleat detailing on the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, the pleats are easier to do than originally anticipated - always a bonus when that happens.
      Update on Tilly's Margot PJ's - I have bought a lovely pale blue polka-dot cotton with a contrasting red polka-dot ribbon in the Cath Kidtson sale at the weekend, so just need to cut out and construct. How about you?

      Delete