Sunday, 28 July 2013

Gap skirt re-make

I love this white Gap skirt with roomy pockets and pin-tucking detail. It only came in one colour so I decided to do a re-make in black cotton.



I didn't use a pattern but used the skirt as a guide. It started life as a long rectangle with curved pocket sections cut away at either side which I finished with some self-made bias binding. The centre of the skirt front at this point was very wide ready for the pin-tucking. Lots of it!!

I repeated the pin-tucking at the back centre of the skirt too. Front and back were then sewn together. I finished the hem with a deep rolled hem and bias bound the top of the skirt after inserting a zip. I realised after making the skirt that I inserted the zip in the 'wrong' side - but hey, I'm not bothered it fits!



No comments:

Post a Comment